If you would like to have a pool in your backyard, you might be wondering if you could build it yourself. As long as you know how to build a pool in your backyard and you have the right tools, there’s a chance that you could be successful in your endeavors. However, building a pool means investing money, time, planning, yard space, and energy.
If you would like to go ahead and build a pool in your backyard, you’ll need to be prepared to undertake a lot of work. However, we can help you with this. Here at White’s Pools, we have more than 35 years of experience in this industry. When you ask us to build a pool for you, you can rest assured that we will take care of all the safety measures and build you a high quality pool. Contact us today at 770-466-2376 so a professional can help you get a pool you love.
Choosing A Pool Type
Did you know that there are many different pool types for you to choose from? You don’t have to have the same swimming pool as everyone else. In fact, you have the opportunity to choose a pool that you love.
- Recreational pools – Many people choose this type of pool so they can exercise in it or enjoy spending time splashing around and relaxing in their new pool. Pools such as these can be the center of parties or any occasion. You can make this type of pool your own thanks to the many different options we can offer you. For example, we can add a plaster or pebble interior, a range of tiles, and so much more. Ask us about the different options and features we offer.
- Concrete pools – Concrete pools are typically used when we build in-ground swimming pools. Alternatively, they can be made from granite. With the ability to fit into almost any backyard of almost any shape, in-ground pools are likely to be cheaper than many fiberglass pools. Please feel free to ask us about our in-ground pools and how we can offer you the ideal one for your backyard.
Did you know that as long as a pool is built safely and standards are adhered to that we can build a pool in almost any backyard? You can have a swimming pool of almost any size and shape that you wish. This means you don’t need to have a large backyard and it does not have to be a regular shape. We can build long, thin pools, short pools, round pools, or any shaped pool that you wish. We can work with whatever you choose, ensuring safety standards are met.
Determining Your Budget And Comparing Prices
When it comes to your budget, you need to make sure that you are getting great value for your money. The great news is that we can offer you a pool that will work with your budget.
When determining your budget, you need to work out what you can realistically afford. We want to offer you a pool that isn’t a financial burden. When you have a pool that you can easily afford, you’re much more likely to enjoy spending time in and around your new swimming pool.
We can work around your budget and your pool-related needs ensuring you have a pool that you love. We can also help you to compare prices so that you know you’re getting good value for money.
You might, for example, want a large pool that also has a waterfall at one end. However, a pool such as this will cost a lot more than a slightly smaller pool with no waterfall. Knowing the price difference can help you to determine which pool is right for you and your backyard.
When helping you to determine your budget and needs, we can also talk to you about our outdoor fireplaces. If you would like us to add an outdoor fireplace, again, we will work with you so you have a fireplace you love.
Here at White’s Pools, we also offer financing options. At the time of writing, we can offer you seven different financing options. Each of these options is different and a few may be more suited to you. Please feel free to ask us about these financing options so you are one step closer to having a swimming pool you love.
We’re used to talking to our customers about their budget. Please feel free to ask us any questions you have about your budget and financing your new swimming pool. We’re here to help you.
Choosing The Area Of Your Property To Install A Pool
One of the most important decisions you can make is where your new pool will be built. You will need to take a few things into account before your pool is built. You will need to consider:
- Whether your backyard slopes – If your backyard slopes it means that we will have to undertake extra grading work. Along with the extra work comes additional costs, but we can talk with you about these should we need to. If your backyard slopes a few inches, it won’t be much of an issue. However, if it slopes or rises a few feet, it could mean extra work.
- The distance from your home and your property lines – We need to consider building codes and how far your pool can be from your home. Your new swimming pool needs to be a safe distance from your home and from the property line. We will help you to understand what your local government permits. We can also work with you if you have easements around your property. We will help you to understand the limitations and how we can legally work around them.
- The distance so you can run gas and electricity lines – When you consider having a pool built in you may not have thought about any potential gas and electricity lines. The supply of electricity will need to run on a specific circuit. This circuit will need to run from your electrical panel and into a sub-panel. If you choose to use a natural gas heater, you’ll need to run a gas line to and from your new swimming pool. You should also remember that the equipment will produce some noise. This means you’re unlikely to want to have your pool heater or pump very close to your home or the pool area. Do not worry, we can talk you through all of these options.
- Where the sun shines the most – Where does the sun hit your backyard? The sunniest part of your backyard could be the ideal location for your new swimming pool. You might also want to consider whether you would like to enjoy the early morning sun or afternoon sun. If you can, choose a location that offers you from 4 to 6 hours of sunlight a day. Don’t forget to take any trees into consideration. Not only could they create shade, but they can also drop leaves and debris into your new pool.
- The many safety considerations – There’s no doubt about it, you want your new swimming pool to be as safe as possible. If children are going to be using your pool you need to make sure as much of the pool is as visible as possible.
Determining The Pool Size
Most people want a swimming pool that’s as big as possible. Whether you plan to use your new pool for exercise or fun, you need to make sure it’s a suitable size.
Here are some factors that you need to take into consideration:
- Who will use the pool? – If you have a family you might want to have a pool that’s large enough for many people to use at the same time. Everyone will need to have a sufficient amount of space so they can swim or play without being restricted too much.
- Do you plan to swim in the pool? – If you want to swim in your pool you will ideally need a 30 foot pool. However, you can use tether systems that allow you to swim as much as you please.
- How much patio space would you like? – If you want to relax by your new pool, you’ll need enough space for garden furniture. You might also want to store some pool toys on your patio so your little ones can play with them.
- What would you like to place around the pool? – Are you planning on having a BBQ or party now and again? If you are, there should ideally be enough space for people to stand or sit around the pool.
- How much space do the property lines give you? The property lines might have a huge impact on how large your new pool is. Be sure you have enough space in your backyard for any tools, toys, or outbuildings you need. Also, ensure you can walk around your new pool easily so you can reach other areas of your yard.
- Will your family increase in size? If you think the size of your family will increase, you need to take this into consideration. Children, grandchildren, nieces, and nephews can come along and create a need for a larger pool than you may have planned. Building a slightly larger pool now can help to future-proof it.
Take all of the above factors into consideration. Doing so ensures that you’re much more likely to have a swimming pool that works well for you.
How Long Does The Pool Building Process Take?
Every pool that we build is different. However, pools take approximately 8 to 12 weeks to build.
– Excavation – 1 week
Digging your pool out can take up to 2 days. However, we may need to spend additional time working around any complications we come across such as utility lines.
– Electrical, plumbing, and steel – 1 to 2 weeks
As soon as the pool is dug, we will need to lay the electrical, plumbing, and steel parts. This process can take up to 2 weeks, depending on how large the pool is and its shape.
– Vinyl, plastering, gunite, and fiberglass – 1 to 3 weeks
This stage of the building process involves installing the pool, as such. Whether you have chosen a fiberglass, gunite, or vinyl pool, we will begin installing it. This process can take up to 3 weeks depending on your choice of material.
– Landscaping, custom features, and deck – 1 to 4 weeks
As soon as your new pool is complete, we will need to add your chosen landscaping options. At this stage, we will also add any custom lighting or water features you’ve asked us for. Depending on the sheer number of features you’ve asked for, this process can take up to 4 weeks. Please do.
Your new swimming pool needs to look good and be a real pleasure to use. This is where we can come in and help you. We will make sure that your new swimming pool stands out from the crowd. We will also ensure that we are in constant communication with you. We work this way as we know it’s important for you to understand the progress and how your new pool is coming along.
If, at any time, you have questions or queries about your new swimming pool, please talk to us. We put our customers at the heart of all that we do. We want you to be happy with your new pool, so please talk to us. We’re here to help you.
Contact Us To Have A Professional Help You
Now you have more of an idea as to how to build a pool in your backyard, you might need a helping hand. Here at White’s Pools, we can help you with the entire process. We can help you to design your new pool, install it, and add any extras. In fact, we can do all of the hard work for you.
We are a trusted team of professional pool builders who can help you have a pool you love. With more than 35 years of experience in this industry, we know more than a thing or two.
Contact us today at 770-466-2376 so a professional can help you get the pool you’ve always wanted. We thank you for trusting us to build you a pool that you’ll love for many years to come.